Siverson Public Library is a strong community partner providing materials, programs and services that bring people together, encourage lifelong learning, and foster creativity.
Siverson Public Library has been serving the community of Hendricks for over 50 years. The library is a member of the Plum Creek Library System. This is a nine county federated system serving 26 libraries in southwest MN that is committed to material and resource sharing in our region and statewide.
Our Library has something for everyone. We offer five public access computers, free WiFi, books, movies, audio books, e-books & e-audio books, magazines & Hotspots. Summer and Winter Reading Programs are offered for children and adults. We provide services for printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. The library also offers entertainers, author talks, and special events throughout the year.
Organized in the 1930’s, the Twentieth Century Study Club was the first federated Club in Hendricks. It was founded on the principles of advancing the interests of education, literature, and active community service.
The Club realized the need for a library in the community and organized the first public library in 1941 in the old city hall. Members went door to door seeking donations of money or books for the new library.
The J.W. Siverson family recognized the need for something better, and built and furnished a new building, which was dedicated on November 6th, 1966. This is the library’s current building.
Joni Dagel, Library Director
Sharon Johnson, Librarian